Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Vintage Spare Parts



Never pass up a spare part found during your vintage scavenger hunts because you never know when you might find a use for it. Take this cool table for example...I found the wrought iron sewing machine base two years ago at an estate sale. While admittedly, it took up a little space in the corner of the garage (sorry hub), I knew someday I'd eventually find a top. At the very least it made an interesting place to hang tools!

Voila! Two weeks ago I stumbled across this red and white porcelain top with no base...I looked it over...would it be a good fit?? Yes - it was the perfect size - and now I have a fun table made from blended pieces from different eras. Blended pieces are actually called "married" pieces and can be from the same or different eras depending on your taste! So this is one marriage that is fun, funky and should actually last beyond the dried ink.

Be sure to be on the lookout for spare parts and email me pictures if you make a good marriage!

1 comment:

  1. This is so true!! and applies to almost all vintage items. A jewelry clasp, one single gorgeous piece of glassware (you never know when you'll see another 3)...the list goes on:)
    I love the table, great job!!

    ReplyDelete