Thursday, March 5, 2009

Anticipation...


I feel the prickle of anticipation as the temperature rises...my own personal call of the wild...my primary reason for Saturday mornings...yes, yard sale season is getting closer by the degree! O.K. you lovers of vintage (notice I don't say vintage lovers since that is an entirely different blog topic altogether), you know what I mean - tell me you haven't jumped out of the car before it stopped moving (from the passenger seat, of course) because you spotted an old wooden screen door with rusty hinges leaning against the yard sale's garage door with a $1 tag attached?? Or lunged into power walk mode when you spotted a fellow collector pull up to the sale?? Oh yeahhhh, if your pulse quickens and you go into hyper-alert mode - like me, you have vintage fever and it can only be cured by hours of searching until you find it - that great deal that makes your eyes sparkle and your husband ask "you actually PAID someone for that??"

Until next time, from one vintage soul to another...

2 comments:

  1. Oh Beth I sooo understand this one!!! I love a good country estate sale as well!!! And junk shops...ahhh some of my bext fixes have come from there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb - oh yes, I agree! I haven't been to a good farm estate sale in years! So many of the old homesteads are now gone.

    ReplyDelete